The Students Codes of Ethics is a collection of core values that the institution as a whole strives to adhere to in order to fulfill its mission. The charter defines the necessary rules that should be present in the behavior of faculty members, their assistants, administrators, support staff, and students. The term "core values" refers to the specific organization of an individual's experience that contributes to the formation of social conscience and guides behavior in different situations according to prevailing societal standards. Examples of such values include truthfulness in speech, sincerity in work, honesty in responsibilities and duties. There is a distinction between spiritual values and social values, as the former are derived from religion while the latter stem from the culture, customs, and traditions of society.
In contemporary trends in higher education, students are considered important members of the university community and active partners in shaping its reputation and influence in society. Therefore, there is an emphasis on the importance of having certain qualities in an ideal student at the university and the necessity of students embodying these qualities and being held accountable for them. Consequently, an Integrity and Ethics Charter has been established for university students to emphasize the significant role they play, which is no less important than that of faculty members. Students are regarded as members of the educational process and important partners in planning, implementing, and evaluating student activities.
The contents of the Ethical Charter are as follows:
Chapter 1: Overview of the Ethical Charter for University Students
1.1 Importance of the Ethical Charter for University Students
1.2 Objectives of the Ethical Charter Guide for University Students
1.3 Stakeholders and Implementers of the Ethical Charter
Chapter 2: Ethics of the University Student
2.1 Within the Academic Scope
2.1.1 Registration and Payment Process
2.1.2 Attendance of Lectures and Training Hours
2.1.3 Participation in Different Examinations
2.1.4 Submission of Projects and Assignments
2.1.5 Daily Interactions with Fellow Male and Female Students
2.1.6 Daily Interactions with Faculty Members
2.1.7 Handling of College's Public and Private Property
2.2 Outside the Academic Scope
Chapter 1: Overview of the Ethical Charter for University Students
1.1 Importance of the Ethical Charter for University Students: The Ethical Charter for University Students serves as the foundation for student behavior both within and outside the academic setting. Compliance with the rules and conditions of the charter ensures integrity and the elevation of the educational process for students, faculty members, and the surrounding community.
1.2 Objectives of the Ethical Charter for University Students: The International Transportation College - Cairo Branch, like any other branch of the academy, aims to establish academic ethics for university students. It is undeniable that the objective of the Ethical Charter is to instill ethical principles within the academic scope, which guarantees the effectiveness of education and learning, as they are influenced by the high moral standards upheld within the institution. The goal of this charter lies in elevating the ethical and educational level of the student, as they are considered the core of the institution's success as a whole.
1.3 Stakeholders and Implementers of the Ethical Charter: Every student, faculty member, and staff member within the academy, regardless of nationality, name, gender, or religion, is an integral part of the educational institution. Therefore, it is essential for them to follow the Ethical Charter and work towards achieving its principles, while believing in its sincere mission to enhance the educational level and achieve its higher goals.
Chapter 2: Ethics of the University Student
2.1 Within the Academic Scope: Students are obliged to abide by certain academic ethics within the college premises, which allow for the educational process to be conducted efficiently and serve the best interests of the educational institution, particularly the university student who represents the true outcome of the educational institution.
Please note that the provided translation is a general overview of the contents. For a more detailed translation, it is advisable to consult with a professional translator or refer to an official translation of the Ethical Charter.
2.1.1 Registration and Payment Process:
- The student is required to respect the scheduled deadlines for registering for courses and paying the fees as stipulated in the academic regulations.
- The student should follow the registration system and adhere to the guidance provided by the academic advisor.
- The student should handle the college's registration facilities with care.
- The student should refrain from accessing or reviewing personal files of others through the electronic registration system or tampering with registration files of others.
- The student should not engage in disruptive behavior, use inappropriate language, or create noise that disturbs other students, parents, or faculty members.
2.1.2 Attendance of Lectures and Training Hours:
- The student must respect the scheduled timings for lectures and training hours as indicated in their timetable.
- The student should follow the instructions of the faculty member in the classroom and avoid causing any disturbances.
- The student should take care when handling public property and refrain from writing anything unrelated to the course on desks or chairs in the classrooms.
- The student should not solely use the classroom's resources for personal purposes but should voluntarily turn off devices and lights in the absence of the responsible person or upon request.
- The student should maintain cleanliness in the classroom and dispose of personal waste in designated areas.
2.1.3 Attendance of Various Examinations:
- The student is required to respect the examination invigilator and follow their instructions, avoiding any kind of disturbance at the beginning, during, or at the end of the examination.
- The student should adhere to the rules specified in the academic regulations regarding different examinations and make efforts to spread awareness about these rules.
- The student must respect the examination invigilator and follow their instructions, refraining from causing any kind of disturbance at the beginning, during, or at the end of the examination.
- The student should be cautious about seeking permission from the invigilator before sharing personal tools with fellow students.
These procedures include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Lying in the context of an investigation related to the academy's code or during a hearing before the academic committee.
• Using commercial search services without prior permission.
• Using papers, reports, or exercises of other students through printing or copying.
• Forging records or procedures for grades, whether before or after graduation.
• Obtaining a recommendation without permission.
• Blocking, removing, or destroying materials needed by other students for future exercises.
2.1.5 Daily Interactions with Fellow Students:
• Students must consider their peers and work to assist them in academic matters, promote a culture of love and brotherhood among them, and refrain from tampering with their belongings.
• Students should encourage teamwork and avoid selfishness, while maintaining a spirit of assistance to improve the college academically and socially.
184.108.40.206 Smoking Policy:
Smoking is extremely harmful to health and causes premature aging and death. Therefore, students must adhere to the following within the college:
1. Smoking is strictly prohibited within the academy unless the student exposes themselves to the legal consequences stated in the academy's regulations.
2. Students should prioritize public health and the educational climate in the college and encourage their peers to quit smoking.
220.127.116.11 Drugs and Alcohol Policy:
Every student, regardless of their name, status, academic or literary rank, or nationality, must comply with the laws of the state, the government, as well as the academy's regulations regarding drug use, which require immediate expulsion without prior warning. Their name will be publicly announced to serve as a deterrent for their peers.
18.104.22.168 Sexual Misconduct Policy:
Every student, regardless of their name, status, academic or literary rank, or nationality, must comply with the laws of the state, the government, as well as the academy's regulations regarding such moral deviations. Therefore, students should adhere to the following:
1. Students are prohibited from using any unethical insinuations within the college.
2. Students are prohibited from being present in the college after working hours without an official capacity.
3. Students are warned against being present in the classroom after the lecture or training hours, except with written permission from the supervisor.
4. Students should ensure an appropriate distance between themselves in all daily interactions.
5. Students should be cautious when there is frequent interaction between them to prevent any inappropriate behavior within the college.
22.214.171.124 Posters and Flyers Policy:
Students must respect the academic rules regarding posting and pasting posters. It is an academic and ethical duty to obtain permission for such activities. The student will bear all consequences resulting from the presence of posters without permission.
126.96.36.199 Political Events Policy:
The International Transport and Logistics College - Cairo Branch guarantees freedom of thought and expression, but students are prohibited from organizing, forming, or participating in any political event without obtaining permission from the relevant authority.
188.8.131.52 Official Attire Policy:
For male students: Students must appear in a decent manner within the college premises, comply with the dress code, and refrain from showing any part of their personal clothing. They must also adhere to wearing proper shoes.
For female students: Female students must adhere to a decent appearance within the college premises and avoid wearing tight, revealing, or attention-grabbing clothes.
2.2 Outside the College Premises
2.2.1 The student must respect the Arab Academy for Science and Technology as a branch of the Arab League University, and they should understand that any harm to it is a harm to the larger structure. Therefore, it is necessary for the student to take the necessary precautions and constantly safeguard the reputation of the Arab League University.
2.2.2 The student should refrain from disseminating any information in any media form without taking all the necessary and legal procedures for such dissemination.
2.2.3 The student must not indulge in any form of destructive rumors that could harm the reputation of the academy and, therefore, the college. They should verify the accuracy of news before conveying it to their fellow students in order to understand the rights and obligations of students towards the academy. It is important to be aware of the decisions, procedures, and penalties stipulated in case of violating regulations and policies. Please refer to the student disciplinary regulations for further information.