The Master of Science in Construction Engineering is administered by the construction engineering department. The program offers a high-quality education that prepares students for advanced academic, research and professional careers in construction management and systems, structural engineering and construction materials and Infrastructure engineering.
The program prepares graduate students for higher-level professional and academic practice in local and international markets, whether in consulting practice, industry, or government.
To provide high-quality engineering education within a liberal arts context to students from Egypt and other countries. The aim is to prepare generations of engineers to excel as leaders in their professions. The pursuit of excellence is central to the department’s mission, conducting state-of-the-art research, maintaining the highest standards of academic achievement, professional behavior and ethical conduct
The objectives of the Master of Science in Construction Engineering are for graduates to increase and imporve
- Subject-Matter Knowledge: Demonstrate extensive, high-quality knowledge to modern computational and experimental methods in construction engineering.
- Research Skills: Utilize contemporary tools and techniques to conduct cutting-edge research to identify challenging problems and innovate effective solutions in construction engineering.
- Soft and Professional Skills: Excel as leaders in the construction engineering profession, solve unstructured real-world engineering problems, and effectively manage teams.
Upon completing the degree, the student will be able to
- Apply advanced numerical analyses and computational programming to solve complex engineering problems.
- Acquire the required high-quality knowledge in the field of specialization (Construction Management, Construction Engineering Materials, Structural Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Highway and Transportation Engineering, Geomatics, Infrastructure Engineering and Management, Sustainability)
- Assess societal demands in the field of study and translate them from unstructured into well-defined engineering problems.
- Employ creative and/or critical thinking skills to provide innovative solutions to engineering problems and compare the effectiveness of alternative solutions.
- Successfully communicate and interact with constituencies and/or teams of various technical backgrounds and fields of specialty.
- Contribute to professional activities, conferences and/or technical journals.
- Conduct sound research work with appropriate utilization of tools and techniques.
- Pursue further graduate studies in highly distinguished engineering programs and/or acquire cutting edge knowledge and skills through continuing education.
- Implement the code of ethics within the course of study and within the work environment.