Within the framework of the MAIA-TAQA project co-funded by the ENI CBC Med Program, whose main objectives supporting education, research, technological development, and innovation, in addition to promoting economic and social growth, AASTMT in cooperation with CEEBA organized it’s “Innovation One-Stop shop (IOSS)" launch event on September 25 at the Academy`s main branch in Alexandria.
AASTMT’s IOSS is an entity that offers several services in the field of innovative renewable energy, all under one roof. There is a lack of such centers aiming at providing start-ups and SMEs with the knowledge, technical assistance, consultancy, and networking opportunities required to run a successful innovative renewable energy business in Egypt.
AASTMT IOSS will develop tailor-made services for startups and SMEs seeking to help them run their business. At the launch event, a call was announced for small and medium-sized companies in the field of renewable energy to apply for a grant of €20,000.
The event was attended by many SMEs, students, the engineers syndicate representative, and keynote speakers from university professors, consultants and businessmen.
- Prof. Dr. Alaa Abdel Bari - Vice President of the Academy for Postgraduate Studies and Scientific Research
- Mr. Ahmed Hassan - Deputy of the Alexandria Chamber of Commerce and President of Alexandria Sporting Club
- Prof. Sarah El-Gazzar, Dean of the Faculty of International Transport and Logistics at the Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport
- Dr. Sandra Haddad - Vice Dean of the Faculty of International Transport and Logistics at the Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport and coordinator of the MAIA TAQA project at the academy
- Prof. Dr. Mustafa Abdel Jalil: Head of the Energy Research Unit at the Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport
- Dr. Alaa Ezz: General Secretary of the Federation of Egyptian European Business Associations
- Prof. Dr. Mohamed El-Sobky: Technical expert at the Federation of Egyptian European Business Associations (CEEBA)