Train the GMDSS Trainers Course
Course Code: CCS 09/00
Duration: 50 Hr 10D
This course is designed to equip instructors who will teach, train, and/or assess of the GMDSS courses with the knowledge and skills on principles and theories of learning and teaching, teaching methodologies, presentation skills, assessment of learning, and classroom and/or simulator management. It also aims to develop positive attitudes towards teaching and learning and enhance understanding of the IMO and its contribution to training. Participants who successfully complete this course should be capable of undertaking all the responsibilities expected of instructors in this field. They will be fully aware of training requirements for the GMDSS The system terminals, teaching, and assessment skills.
The following subject areas will be covered within the course:
- Understand and describe how STCW-1978 convention and its amendments require competency-based training.
- Plan an effective teaching environment.
- Use a range of teaching methods effectively.
- Use appropriate training aids.
- Produce a relevant lesson plan.
- Evaluate teaching and learning.
- Design a course of study
The subjects areas mentioned in section 2 will be considered will assigning one the following topic for the instructor to deliver.
- Practical operational procedures for general communication.
- Satellite Communication: INMARSAT-B
- Satellite Communication: INMARSAT-C
- VHF-RT, SSB, and NBDP terminals.rn
- DSC-VHF and DSC-MF and HF operation.
- NAVTEX terminal, EPIRB, SART, and portable GMDSS VHF operations.
The trainee should already have the necessary technical knowledge and be qualified in the communication area or hold a GOC at least and has good command in English language.
For more information