|title ||Computer Animation|
|arbic title |
|credit hours ||3|
|Description/Outcomes ||This advanced course is designed to provide students with an opportunity to continue building up their portfolio of digital work by focusing on the further study and exploration of computer animation. Students will increase their knowledge of the process of animation from initial concept and storyboarding through final rendering by using animation software and studying both traditional and digital animation techniques.|
|arabic Description/Outcomes |
|objectives ||1. Understand animation algorithms.|
2. Translate a story into an effective and engaging visual representation.
3. Describe the animation production pipeline.
4. Manage files and workflow needed in the animation production pipeline.
5. Discuss and implement particle systems, dynamics simulations and advanced rigging techniques.
6. Discuss a variety of animation techniques including: stop motion animation, cel animation, clay animation, cutout animation, pixilation, motion capture.
7. Apply advanced/emerging animation techniques to development of original animated productions.
|arabic objectives |
|ref. books ||Autodesk Maya, The Modeling and Animation Handbook (Autodesk Maya Techniques: Offical Autodesk Training Guides).|
|arabic ref. books |
|textbook ||Rick Parent, Computer Animation: Algorithms and Techniques, Morgan Kaufmann|
|arabic textbook |
|objective set |
|content set |
|course file ||